Support the initiatives of the Purchasing department through tactical purchasing functions.
• Contribute to the development of purchasing and strategic plans.
• Participate in cross functional projects and process improvement initiatives.
• Serve as subject matter expert in purchasing functions.
• Assist other team members as needed to ensure customer needs are met.
• Handle all tactical purchasing responsibilities associated with internal/external supply chain partners to maintain a high level of customer service.
• Work with Accounts Payable team to investigate, identify and resolve reasons for non-payment of supplier invoices
• Generate requisitions and send Purchase Orders to suppliers.
• Maintain accurate dates in the ERP system and ensure all PO maintenance is addressed as needed.
• Ensure pricing is accurate and up to date prior to placing buys with suppliers.
• Provide vendors with rolling 12 month forecast.
• Work cross-functionally with the following teams to support client's initiatives: Sourcing, AO, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Service, and Operations.