Responsibilities related to Supplier Performance Improvement:
- Develop strong, positive, and beneficial relationships with suppliers and Strategic Sourcing to create an overall supplier development program to drive strategic actions and projects related to Continuous Improvement approaches with our suppliers.
- Create and implement supplier improvement plans
- Analyze supplier performance data and metrics (e.g. DPM, failure modes, trending, etc.)
- Provide suppliers with comparative data and metric performance (e.g. Scorecard)
- Conduct annual and periodic performance reviews for assigned suppliers
Responsibilities related to Supplier Ownership:
- Partner with SQEs and Audit SQEs to understand performance and drive supplier strategy with Strategic Sourcing
- Execute supplier consolidation and manufacturing transfers to reduce cost, optimize capabilities, and improve quality
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing to participate in supplier selection
Responsibilities related to Supplier Long-Term Development:
- Lead selected projects for new process designs and existing process improvements by working with internal teams and suppliers to improve supplier’s processes, ensures the necessary process controls and documentation are in place to deliver high quality products that meets all Supplier Performance metrics and key process indicators (KPIs).
Responsibilities related to Continuous Improvement:
- Identify internal areas of process improvement in daily work and propose and implement changes
- Identify internal areas of systems improvement - propose and implement changes
- Participate in external audits and internal audits as needed to ensure Regulatory compliance in areas of responsibility to good manufacturing practices (GMP) of all medical devices regulatory agencies (i.e. FDA, IMB, Notified Bodies, etc).
- Act as point of contact for Internal/ External Customer groups on key compliance issues related to assigned suppliers.