Work with internal customers and suppliers in support of supplier development and certification and the establishment of process equivalence. Provide technical support to internal customers and suppliers for activities related to supplier quality system assessment, performance evaluation, and supplier development. Responsible for supporting Supplier Development initiatives and for implementing quality related-programs and projects and will serve as liaison between suppliers and Mahwah operations to drive supplier improvement.
• Liaise with internal customers to ensure effective problem resolution. Develop metrics and report. Identify supplier non-conformance trends.
• Coordinate and participate in supplier conference calls.
• Plan, execute and deliver projects effectively within defined time/cost parameters.
• Track supplier quality performance measurements for strategic suppliers.
• Support supplier quality management programs such as supplier selection and certification.
• Manage, issue, track and trend all audit corrective actions.
• Participate in supplier visits and supplier audits.
• Manage, track and trend all supplier corrective actions initiated by Operations.
• Evaluate and determine the internal requirements for approval of all Mahwah specific supplier change requests (SCRs).
• Work with internal customers in support of supplier certification activities, including skip-lot, product source and reduced inspection requirements.
• Lead supplier visits and supplier audits.
• Lead and participate in supplier development projects and continuous improvement activities focusing on supplier quality.
• Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical or industrial engineering, or other related field of study. Prefer Master’s Degree or equivalent formal coursework. In CQR/OPS, prefer ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer).
• 3 + years experience in Supplier Management with focus on quality (OPS) and/or 3+ years experience in a medical device or other regulated industry (CQR, OPS).
• Applied knowledge of selected supplier programs.
• Demonstrated experience with advanced quality auditing/engineering and corrective/preventative action
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Prefer applied knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes.
• Demonstrated proficiency in relevant PC applications.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to understand technical drawings and Geometric Dimensional and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and accomplish work with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-aced, deadline-driven environment.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work with others in various disciplines and on multi-national teams.
• Demonstrated understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and experience implementing SPC or similar controls.